Menu: Salmon Rillettes - Spinach Stuffed Pork Loin Chops - Red Cabbage, Pistachio, and Cranberry with Blue Cheese - Caramelized Pear Custard
Class Description: In this special hands-on class, we'll use Jacques Pépin's cookbook Heart & Soul in the Kitchen as a guide and show you how to recreate some of his favorite home-cooked dishes. Our instructor will walk you through traditional French techniques for everything from poaching salmon in butter to stuffing and searing pork chops. You'll enjoy working alongside classmates as you practice using a mandoline, making pan sauce from scratch and more. After covering the essentials, we'll show you how to caramelize pears and create homemade custard for an amazing autumn-inspired dessert. Join us and discover how easy and approachable French cooking can be.*Please Note: Classes taught by Sur La Table Chefs. Jacques Pépin will not be in attendance.*
Class Bonus:Students will go home with a copy of Jacques' new book for Sur La Table, Poulets & Legumes.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes-it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
- Start:October 24, 2016
- End:October 24, 2016
- Where:Sur La Table - 900 North Michigan, 900 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60611
- Event Type:Food & Dining
- Ticket Price:N/A