- #1: The Art Institute of Chicago - Home to more than 300,000 pieces of artwork and artifacts, this is the place to see the famous Throne Miniature Rooms up close and handmade creations from the world over.
- #2: Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago - Housing a vast collection of post-1945 visual artwork, this contemporary art museum features the works of both emerging local artists and established artists. Be sure to pay a visit to the sculpture garden before you leave.
- #3: The Field Museum - You can't miss the gracious facade of this natural history museum with more than 30 permanent exhibitions. Head here to see Egyptian artifacts, tour the Chinese rock garden, and learn about art and cultural trends from around the globe.
- #4: Museum of Science and Industry - It will take you several days to explore all of the exhibits and permanent displays at this Chicago landmark. Don't miss the restored submarine and the mirror maze here.
- #5: Chicago History Museum - Learn about the history of Chicago and a showcase of photos and videos that tell the story of Abraham Lincoln. Exhibits featuring archived photographs, manuscripts, and artifacts are ripe for exploring.
Date01 Jun 2016
CategoryThings to do
Posted byHoliday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza
5 Best Chicago Museums for Art and Culture
Chicago is home to dozens of arts and cultural attractions, a haven for aspiring artists, art collectors, and visitors who want a taste of culture and history. If you're making your way to the Windy City this season, don't miss the chance to see the latest exhibits from regional and national artists.Here's where you'll find the five best museums in Chicago for art and culture:Guests staying at the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North enjoy easy access to Chicago's top museums and other area attractions. Explore the city and look forward to spacious accommodations and modern amenities during your visit.