Chicago International Film Festival: Screenings, Q&As, Galas
Now in its 53rd year, this prestigious competitive film festival brings two weeks of fun-filled screenings to Chicago’s AMC River East 21 Cinema. Taking place from October 12-26, the Chicago International Film Festival showcases a diverse array of movies.
Indie Films, Foreign Flicks & Documentaries
With 150 films from 50 countries to choose from, there’s something for everyone at the Chicago International Film Festival. Film categories include the International Competition, Cinema of the Americas, Film Noir, Outlook, New Directors Competition, Docufest, Black Perspectives, and Reel Women.
Chicago International Film Festival 2017 Schedule
Full festival passes and individual tickets to screenings are available. Film fans will want to mark these important dates:
- October 12 – Opening Night Celebration & Film: Marshall
- October 16 – Tribute: Vanessa Redgrave (in attendance)
- October 18 – Centerpiece Film: Lady Bird
- October 19-22 – Industry Days
- October 20 – Awards Night
- October 25 – Tribute: Sir Patrick Stewart (in attendance)
- October 26 – Closing Night Ceremony, Tribute: Michael Shannon (in attendance) & Film: The Shape of Water
Stylish Hotel Near Chicago International Film Festival
Enjoy easy access to AMC River East 21 Cinema from our nearby hotel, which is just 1.2 miles away from Chicago events at the festival. Make your booking now and relax in an upscale room or suite with free Wi-Fi and a 32” flat screen TV with premium cable channels. Book your Chicago getaway today!