Chicago is an exciting place to be during Memorial Day weekend. As the long-awaited summer season descends, the city kicks into high gear with all kinds of special events and attractions - plus one of the country's biggest Memorial Day parades. Grab a Chicago-style hot dog and make plans for an unforgettable Memorial Day weekend this year.
- Memorial Day Parade - Beginning with a wreath-laying ceremony in Daley Plaza, this patriotic procession marches from Lake Street to Van Buren Street along State Street (May 27).
- Red, White, & Bar-B-Q - Try the best of the best at the biggest barbecue festival and competition in the state of Illinois, which also features live music and craft beer gardens (May 26-28).
- Belmont-Sheffield Music Fest - Enjoy non-stop live music at this outdoor street festival with tribute bands, arts and crafts, food and libations (May 27-28).
- Randolph Street Market Festival - Love to shop? Hunt for one-of-a-kind antiques, vintage furniture, clothing, art, and indie accessories at this European-style, indoor/outdoor market (May 27-28).
- Greektown Mediterranean Wine Fest - This West Loop festival features afternoon wine tastings, authentic cuisine from iconic Greek restaurants, and live Greek and dancing May 27-28).
Don't delay - make your Memorial Day weekend bookings now and experience all of the exciting Chicago events when you stay at our convenient River North hotel. Contact us today!