Memorial Day Weekend in Chicago: From Patriotic Parades to Fireworks Over Navy Pier
Welcome summer with style! Plan a long weekend packed with fun things to do in Chicago. Cheer at the Memorial Day Parade, dance at the Chicago House Music Festival, shop for sales on Magnificent Mile, and watch the fireworks over Navy Pier. Cap off the weekend with a cocktail at our rooftop Cityscape Bar.
Celebrate the Start of Summer in Chicago
- Navy Pier – All summer long, travelers flock to this six-block playground of cool restaurants, carnival rides, beer gardens, theaters, and live entertainment. Dazzling fireworks shows begin on Saturday, May 26 and will return every Wednesday and Saturday throughout the summer.
- Chicago House Music Festival – Head to Millennium Park on Saturday, May 26 for an all-day dance party of this iconic "four on the floor" beat – it was born in Chicago!
- Memorial Day Parade – Beginning with a wreath laying ceremony at 11:00 am on Saturday, May 26, the parade steps off at noon and honors the veterans and military members, past and present.
- Magnificent Mile Shopping – All weekend long, you'll encounter excellent Memorial Day weekend sales at the big-name retailers on this world-famous shopping strip.
- Cityscape Bar – Hit the rooftop and chill. Soak in the incredible skyline views and start-of-summer temperatures at our trendy rooftop bar.
Upscale Downtown Chicago Hotel in River North with Indoor Pool
Ready to plan your summer adventure? Browse photos of our chic, centrally located hotel – and book your Memorial Day weekend getaway today!