Warm Up in the Winter at the Best Chicago Museums
Cold outside? Head inside to explore Chicago’s amazing museums. You’ll find an incredible variety of museums near our River North hotel where you can explore the worlds of art, history, science, and culture.
Top Winter Things to Do in Chicago
- The Art Institute of Chicago – Linger for a while and take it all in at this renowned art museum. See Japanese prints, Impressionist paintings, and European sculptures.
- Shedd Aquarium – Discover underwater ecosystems and exhibits with fantastic sea creatures at this award-winning animal attraction.
- Museum of Contemporary Art – One of the biggest contemporary art museums in the world, this downtown attraction showcases the best post-World War II art including surrealism, pop art, minimalism, and multi-media works.
- The Field Museum – Channel your inner Indiana Jones at this adventurous museum, which is known for its archaeological exhibits including the new Cyrus Tang Hall of China.
- Museum of Science and Industry – Soar into the sky on a Flight Ride Simulator, find your way through a Mirror Maze, and travel back in time to the birth air travel and trains.
Cozy, Comfortable, Chicago Hotel in River North