Celebrate the 4th of July and savor the summer with a holiday getaway to Chicago. July 4th falls on a Tuesday this year, and you’ll find fun things to do in Chicago on the big day and on the weekend before. Make plans to spend the holiday with us and enjoy a diverse array of special events, concerts, and family activities:
- Freedom Fest 2017 at Navy Pier – Find the best views of the fireworks from this massive party, which takes place on the Navy Pier rooftop and includes barbecue treats and DJ beats.
- Grant Park Music Festival – Enjoy a free holiday concert of patriotic tunes starting at 6:30 PM.
- Lake Michigan Fireworks Cruises – Wendella Boats, Spirit of Chicago Cruises, Mercury Cruises, Seadog Cruises, Chicago Line, and Odyssey Cruises all offer special fireworks excursions on the 4th.
- Windy City Ribfest – Chow down on tasty barbecue and listen to live music at this food fest, which runs from June 30 through July 2.
- MLB Baseball – On July 4, the Chicago White Sox play the Oakland A’s and the Chicago Cubs play the Tampa Bay Rays.
Make this 4th of July truly special when you stay at our modern, upscale hotel. With a refreshing indoor pool, delicious breakfast buffet, and rooftop bar with skyline views, our hotel in River North is the perfect home base for your Chicago adventures.